Hey friends! It's been quite a while since my last post, and a lot has happened. Some of the main events:
- I WENT TO NEW ORLEANS with my girlfriend, my mom, my sister, and my sister's boyfriend. We shared amazing musical experiences every single day. Perhaps the musical highlight was seeing Ellis Marsalis play piano, with a band that included his son Jason on drums; Victor Goines sat in on sax. But everywhere we went there were talented musicians playing with feeling. It's hard to fathom just how much music happens there. I'm still overflowing with musical joy from the experience.
- I'VE WRITTEN SEVERAL SONGS, including one called "All I Know," which I recorded a solo piano version of today:
- I GOT A BUNCH OF GIGS! I'll be playing Wednesday of this week at Pono Ranch in Ballard, the following week's Friday at Whitman College with the Michael Simon Trio, and at some sort of retirement home on the east side on the 12th. I also played solo piano at a retirement home yesterday. It was a lot of fun. And stay tuned, I'll soon be announcing some dates at the Robert Ramsay wine tasting room on Queen Anne Ave!
- DAVID AND I HAVE A BAND NAME: Queenside Castle. Get the reference? If you do, you're both cool and a nerd.
- I TURNED 25. Enough said.
- OTHER THINGS! Too many to name. I hope this will suffice for now as an update.